Family 3

Family 3
Just The Four of Us

Sunday, February 19, 2012

31 and counting..


Yes, today is the day I turn 31 :D
And I thank God that I finally reach this day, feeling happy with myself. Content with everything that I've done.. Sure, there are some things in the past that I gladly wanna do differently , but as people say, everything that we've done in the past , may it be good or bad are  the things that makes us who we are today (this sounds like something out of a movie script :))

Today, is actually a very special day, my parents flew from Jakarta , Depok to stay with us for two nights to celebrate my birthday.. naaah.. actually they visited us because they wanna see their grand daughter.. hehe.
Well, anyway, I am so glad they were here, even though only for a short period.
And I got a really special bday words from my mom.. She said that "it seems like yesterday that she was the one who carried me around in "jarik" to feed me, and now she saw me doing the same thing :)" , it was really a beautiful sight for my mom.. but a painful thing for my shoulder and back :(.

Back to self reflection on 31 years on this dear old earth :

1.Family
Sometimes I just cant believe that I'm a mother.. Its been just 1 year doing it.. but I'm learning something new everyday. I hope I can really be a good mom for Thania. And in this new age.. I hope I can also be a more patient and mature person.. I can have more recipes up my sleeve so I can be a better cook. Yeah cooking skills must really be upgraded.
Its true that being a mother really can make you a new person. I have to set aside all my ego, because now, I not just living for myself, but I have a child who relies on me.
As a wife.. I know I can do better, but sometimes.. yeah every new mom experience this.. I just dont have time for my hubby.. Good thing he's very mature and can take care of all things (correction : most of things) by himself.. hahahha. I wish to someday, I can juggle with all my roles, as a wife, as a mom, and also as a worker. I wanna be better wife. Yeah maybe I can start being a better wife by cooking his fave meals now and again.

2. Career
Still standing still.. hehehe.. well that was a choice I made more than 4 years ago when we got married, that my Hubby is the breadwinner..and I will support him.
But, dont get me wrong.. deep down I am still the same ambitious girl. And I'm always preparing for the next best thing in my career. Just wait and see.. :p
But actually I am quite proud of myself, now I work not in my line of education.. but I can say, I 've done extremely well.. , right... :)
I am hoping this year I will once again find my passion in work, I will always do my best, because I believe my reward will come someday.

3. Me Time..
As if I have some me time :p
Well, believe or not.. writing here is my me time.. apart from FB-ing, googling.. etc,,
and starting this year, I am making visits to aesthetics clinics to get facial a three-month routine. I will get my money post there. A womans gotta do what a womans gotta do :) :D :D
actually if possible I wanna go on a diet again this year.. can I get my old weight back ??

Well, I think thats a wrap.. as for faith reflection.. its too personal to share here :)

190212
31 years and happy.. :)

**this is the first English post, hope it's not too bad**

No comments:

Post a Comment