Family 3

Family 3
Just The Four of Us

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Last Day





Before the last day at the Company.. Mba R suddenly told me that the team would throw me a farewell party.. Woow.. I was quite surprised and off course I was flattered. Who was I , that I deserve a party.. after all I am only a staff and only managers have the right to be thrown a party.  Moreover, the big boss who usually funds farewells for the “chosen” staffs already left the country.

But it turns out that one of the senior engineers who I’ve worked with since my first project was willing to fund my farewell.. J J . Funding a farewell for the team means you have to buy at least ten boxes of Pizza.. For me that’s a lot of money. That’s why I couldn’t afford a team farewell.. My plan was, I will have a luncheon with only the ladies instead.  Well, thanks pak for the Pizzas J J.

I was determined then, when It was my turn to say my farewell speech, I wouldn’t cry as I did on Bakor Farewell L , so I listed down the things I would say, and probably I would bring my notes.. I guess it will be easier just to read my written thoughts rather than spontaneously saying it. I was afraid I would cry and make a fool out of myself :D

Well on the last day, I took one last look at my emails and tried to save important emails to our share folder, I hope I didn’t miss anything. I also had small discussion with my successor and my ex “little boss”.  And then I started jotting down my notes for my farewell email and on my farewell speech.

Over all the pointers are:

-          A little bit of my journey at the Company

-          I thank the management for the opportunity

-          I enjoyed my stay but I must move on

-          I thank my coach aka mentor J à this is only for my speech

-          I wish everyone success

-          My contact number etc à on my farewell email

I spent quite some time on my email and my speech pointers, and I had to peek at some of my previous colleagues farewell email.  Hehehe..  no googling this time, just peeping :p

My farewell email was straight forward. I wanted it that way. I didn’t want to put quotes or poems or anything too personal. I didn’t know why but I just wanted to keep it professional. Although I gave in to cute teddy bear picture to put on my note. But actually, I spent more time searching for the right picture than to write my note. The next tricky thing was deciding who to send the email to. I tried to include everybody that I have worked with, and whoever I had acquaintance with. I tried not to forget any name. Who knows, someday we might meet again. But I still did forgot some names.. darrrnnn... !!

Well, at the farewell the new big boss said some nice and encouraging words for me, as well as the senior engineer who funded my farewell. I am so glad that people find my work quite satisfactory (or at least that what they say.. hope its not a lie ... hehehehe). Really its an honor for me. That kind of compliment can’t be valued for money.. even though I wont reject any bonus if given.. hehehe

It was set up that “he” wont have a chance to say anything, so I also made sure of that. After both bosses made their speech, I just stood up and said my words.. I didnt cry.. yippppieee... even though, people were making fun of me , giving me tissues, but no tears were shed that day.. hehehe.. but my voice quivered a bit..

Not because I wasn’t sad.. I was sad.. but I tried so hard to keep my cool.. ;p

Well actually my speech pretty much went as planned, and I did plan not to say anything about him, because I thought, at least for once in my journey at the Company, I would do something that is really really honest about my professional feelings for him.. and it is just plain.. “nothingness”.  I did try to think of something nice to say, but I was just blank.. so then I decided to keep it blank. It is againts my personality and manner, but then again.. I don’t wanna leave regreting anything or creating an image I am not ok with.

I said what have to be said at my speech J

And then... the next surprise was... I received lots of gifts.. OMG I was just speechless.. It was too much for me. Wooow again... I got a pair of shoes, a bag and a watch.. wheeeehh... It was too much but I accepted it.. hihihihi. (just look at my cheerful face below ;P)

Well I am really flattered and so thankful for  the attention on my final hours at the Company. It has really wraped up my journey there. I will miss my former team, and especially the ladies, my mentor aka roommate ,my mommy buddies and all my besties.  All the wonderfull friendship and giggles, and craziness for four years will never leave a spot in my heart <3

So sad to leave, but also so excited to face my future.


GBU all folks








No comments:

Post a Comment